316 Stainless Steel H2.5 Rafter & Hurricane Tie Pairs
316 Stainless Steel Framing Connectors for Rafters, Trusses, and Joists
H2.5 Hurricane Ties, also known as rafter or truss ties, are used for deck or roof framing to secure rafters, trusses, or joists to the wood framework. This is done to resist uplift and lateral forces, such as those that come from a hurricane or severe storm.
- H2.5 Hurricane Ties are installed across two different pieces of wood: the top plate or wall plate and a rafter
- This is done to resist uplift and lateral forces, such as those that come from a hurricane or severe storm
- H2.5 ties are installed by connecting the two pieces of lumber, securing them together
- 316 Stainless Steel: ideal for applications in severe, harsh, or marine/saltwater environments
- Install 316 hurricane ties with only 316 stainless steel joist nails to maintain the manufacturer's warranty
NOTE: Depending on pitch, birds-mouth notching may be required with some models to enable installers to fill all nail holes.
Caution: Do not install Hurricane ties into both sides of a given truss, rafter, or joist. Doing so may cause damages in the wood and risks collision of the nails. Instead, install them diagonally across from each other.
|Manufacturer Part Number:||RT7A-SS|
|Simpson Part Number:||H2.5ASS|
|Uplift Load (Lbs.):||565|
|Lateral Load (Lbs.):||175|
|Material:||316 Stainless Steel|
Note: All allowable loads listed are for S-P-F (Spruce-Pine-Fir).
See Product Specifications