Metric Taps are used to cut and restore internal threads precisely. A tap is used to form the female component of the assembly, as in the case of a nut or socket.
- T-handle wrench are used with a tap
- Taper taps have a more pronounvd taper to their cuting edges
- Grants a more gradual cutting action
- Mostly used when the material is difficult to work with
- Also used if material is prone to breakage
Taper Taps in this selection are made of high speed steel and are available in Metric Coarse Sizes.
Tap sizes should be one size larger than hole to be tapped. For example: M4 Hole = M5 Tap