- Join two male threads
- Commonly used with threaded rod
- Make longer rod assemblies from shorter lengths
- Also known as Extension Nuts
- Resistant to Atmospheric Corrosion
- Significantly Lighter than Other Alloys
- 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy
- High Strength-To-Weight Ratio
- UNC Coarse Thread Sizes
An Aluminum Coupling Nut, also known as an extension nut, is corrosion resistant, lightweight, and non magnetic. As a metal, aluminum is valued for its high strength-to-weight ratio making it a common fastener material in the automotive, aerospace, and general machinery industries.
Important: We recommend not mixing metals; aluminum fasteners should be used with aluminum fasteners. For more information, please read our article on the subject HERE.