Stainless Steel Sidewalk Bolt Hurricane Hardware Shutter Mounting Kit - 24 pieces Total
Hurricane Hardware Sidewalk Bolts with Masonry Anchors
- Kit Contents: 1/4"-20 x 1-1/2" Phillips / Slotted Combo Drive Sidewalk Bolts 18-8 Stainless Steel - 12 pieces & 1/4"-20 Machine Screw Masonry Anchors - 12 pieces
- 1/4"-20 Thread Size / Diameter
- Corrosion Resistant 18-8 Stainless Steel Bolts
- Phillips / Slotted Combo Drive Style for convenience
- Oversized Diameter Low Profile Head
- Caulking type anchors designed to provide a quick setting in brick, concrete or stone
- Fixtures can be removed or replaced without sacrificing holding power
- Anchor made of a die cast zinc expansion cone with a malleable lead sleeve
Stainless steel Sidewalk Bolts are often referred to as Hurricane Bolts because their most common application is installing hurricane shutters. They are also referred to as Sidewalk Bolts because of their ultra low-profile head which can be easily stepped on or rolled over which is why they are also often used with concrete anchors to attach materials and fixtures to masonry surfaces. Sidewalk bolts in this selection are made of 18-8 stainless steel to withstand the elements without corroding or rusting and feature a drive that can be installed using a Phillips or Slotted Screwdriver / bit.
Machine screw anchors feature a zinc coned portion at the end of a lead sleeve that is pulled up, expanding the sleeve, as a screw or bolt is tightened into the internal threads of the anchor. The sleeve is malleable, which fills imperfections in the hole as it expands and distributes the load evenly across the anchor. The anchor remains in the material after installation which means that fixtures can be removed or replaced without sacrificing holding power. Machine screw anchors are safe for use in brick, concrete or stone. The term machine screw is a commonly used to describe screws of smaller sizes.