Aluminum Nylon Insert Hex Lock Nuts
Lock Nut with a Nylon Insert in Corrosion Resistant 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy
- Hexagonal shape Nylon Lock Nut
- Nylon material creates pressure against the fastener
- Forces the bottom threads of the fastener against the top threads of the bolt
- Creates a better hold
- Locks the nut into place so it will not vibrate loose
- Retain locking ability up to 250 °F (121 °C)
- Also referred to as Nylon Lock Nuts, Nyloc Nuts, Polymer-Insert Lock Nuts, or Elastic Stop Nuts
- Made from 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy for greater corrosion resistance
Nylon Insert Lock Nuts are hex nuts with a nylon band to help lock the fastener in place to prevent unwanted movement.
Nylon Lock Nuts in this selection are made from lightweight and durable aluminum. Aluminum Lock Nuts are corrosion resistant, lightweight, and non magnetic. As a metal, aluminum is valued for its high strength-to-weight ratio making it a common fastener material in the automotive, aerospace, and general machinery industries.
Important: We recommend not mixing metals; aluminum fasteners should be used with aluminum fasteners. For more information, please read our article on the subject HERE.
Lock Nut Size
|Width Across Flats||Height / Thickness|
See Product Specifications