- 1/4" or #8 Diameter
- Trade Names: Tri Fold Rivets, Bulbing Rivets, Exploding Rivets, Tri Grip Rivets, Trailer Rivets, Expanding Rivets
- Wildly popular in domestic appliances, plastic components, automotive, trailers, RV, kayaks and sporting goods.
- Included Neoprene EPDM Washer to seal any gaps
- Three anchor point grip adds resistance to pull though
- Wider effective grip range - Excellent as a Multi-Grip Rivet
- Caulk or sealant is recommended when installing to be truly watertight
Tri-Bulb Rivets expand in three directions as the mandrel is pulled through them, creating three anchor points on the blind end of the application. They have better retention than a standard pop rivet
due to their increased surface area. These rivets also work better in thinner metals without causing damage to the materials. Aluminum Tri-Fold Rivets are used for their high strength to weight ratio, and corrosion resistance.
Dome Head Tri-Fold Aluminum Rivets create a finished look similar to a standard pop rivet, and do not require any special tools for installation (other than a standard riveter).
Tri Bulb Rivet Spec Sheet