- A machine screw is commonly identified by its small size
- Star (6 lobe) drive style can prevent accidental stripping during an installation
- Star Drive grips the head better allowing for more torque on a screw
- Star drive styles have become widespread due to their efficiency
- Black oxide screws are chemically altered to change qualities of the metal: Most noticeably the color
- Treatment adds another level of corrosion and abrasion resistance to stainless steel
- Black oxide finish is infused with wax or oil during the process to comply with military specifications as a Class 4 finish
#10-24 Star drive pan head machine screws are available in black oxide 18-8 stainless steel.