#5-40 Stainless Steel Set Screws are a type of screw generally used to secure an object within or against another object.
- Commonly used to secure a pulley or gear to a shaft
- Most often headless (blind)
- Fully threaded with no head projecting past the major diameter of the screw thread
- Driven by an Allen Wrench
- Exerts clamping force through the bottom tip that projects through the hole
- 304 Stainless steel is corrosion resistant and durable
- Suitable for exterior applications where exposed to fresh water moisture
An example application is when a set screw is screwed into a pulley hub so that its end-point bears firmly against the shaft. The fastening action is by friction between the screw and the shaft, often (but not always) with some amount of elastic or plastic deformation of one or both.
Sizes Listed As:
Diameter - Thread Pitch x Length