- Commonly referred to as a retaining ring, snap ring, or c-clip
- The most popular and widely used style of radial snap ring
- Called "E" rings because of the three prongs on the inside of the ring
- These rings make contact with the bottom of a groove on a shaft to create a shoulder for effective assembly retention
- Stainless steel and radially installed
5/16" External Bowed E models are thicker than standard 'E' Retaining Rings of the same nominal size, thus making them a sturdier product.
USA MADE FASTENER
Note: Due to the stamp-mold process, the retaining rings may be slightly magnetic