- Generally used to secure an object within or against another object
- Commonly used to secure a pulley or gear to a shaft
- Headless (blind)to run flush with surface
- Driven by a Hex Key or Allen Wrench
- Extended point beyond the threading of the screw to match with a hole in the work piece
- 18-8 Stainless steel is corrosion resistant and durable
- Suitable for exterior applications where exposed to fresh water moisture
Dog point set screws feature an extended point beyond the threading of the screw intended to match with a hole in the work piece, similar to a dowel pin. This allows the shaft to rotate without dislodging the part. Half Dog Set Screws feature a point that is half of a standard dog point set screw's in length.
Half Dog Set Screws are used in applications that tend to be permanent, or at least long lasting, which is why corrosion resistant stainless steel is an excellent choice of material for a durable and rust resistant assembly.