Allowable Load Tolerances
- Wallboard 3/8": 55lbs Tension and Shear
- Wallboard 1/2": 60lbs Tension and Shear
- Wallboard 5/8": 65lbs Tension and Shear
- Wallboard 3/4": 80lbs Tension, 75lbs Shear
- Hollow Concrete Masonry: 70lbs Tension, 120lbs Shear
A Toggle spring wing anchor, also called a toggle nut, in zinc plated steel is an anchor used in hollow wall applications (walls with space on the other side) such as drywall and concrete blocks (also called cinder blocks) or any hollow concrete masonry unit. Toggle wings are often used to replace spring wings used in the installations of toggle bolts. Toggle nuts are used with machine screws through pre-drilled holes.