- Offer some lateral and uplift resistance
- Not recommended as a primary means of anchorage for posts in railings
- Used only for intermediate posts between fully anchored corner / end posts in rail systems
- 316 Stainless steel is corrosion and rust resistant
- Ideal for saltwater or marine environments
Half Post Base Anchors are used to secure wood posts to wood surfaces. They are typically used with nails and are intended for light-duty applications. Please note: the large pilot holes in the half base are for manufacturing purposes only. They are not intended to be used for the installation of bolts.
Not recommended for fence posts or other unrestrained (not fixed or fastened at top) applications. These anchors are not designed to resist overturning (moment) loads.