- Significantly thicker than standard washers
- Designed for heavy duty applications
- Used to prevent pull-through
- Allow for distribution of weight over greater area than with normal washers
- Durable and corrosion resistant 18-8 Stainless Steel
Fender Washers are used to prevent pull-though, and provide a greater bearing surface under the fastener. This prevents nuts, bolts or screws from pulling through base material. Fender Washers are distinguished from standard flat washers by their significantly larger outside Diameter (or OD), which creates a larger surface area on the fastener assembly, allowing it to withstand more force.
Extra Heavy Fender Washers are similar to a standard fender washer, however they are significantly thicker for heavier duty applications, and can prevent the need to stack thinner washers.