Shop All Zip Ties
Zip ties are one of the most versatile fasteners you can find today. Used in an astounding amount of applications, zip ties are essentially the duct tape of the fastener world. Primarily made for holding wiring or cable together, cable ties go by many names.
Wire ties are excellent for their ease of use, cheap cost and strength. Due to this, you can find tie wraps in many applications they were not initially intended for. Electrical ties were created to bundle electrical wiring or cabling together. These ties took off in popularity due to their unique easy-to-use feature. These cable fasteners are considered a best friend to electricians, mechanics, cable runners and HVAC professionals alike.
Due to their ever-expanding use, plastic cable ties have advanced and become relevant to many other fields. Metal cable ties are commonly used in automotive applications. There are screw mount zip ties which allow a screw to hold them against a surface. Even bead zip ties which allow for a non-permanent and adjustable solution.
Nylon cable ties, also referred to as Plastic ties, are commonly seen in electrical applications to hold electrical wires together. While most companies that run ethernet cable will also use wire ties to bundle their cabling as they go. Automotive cable ties are used in cars frequently to provide a quick fix or a permanent solution (as is the case with metal zip ties).
Colored zip ties are also common to help users keep track of their wiring. Colors are often chosen that make the cable ties less noticeable as well. For example, black ties may be used on black wire bundles to provide a clean finished look.
Cable fasteners are becoming increasingly popular in this computer oriented age. Zip cords are often used to control the mess of cables under a desk to limit the change of pulling out or damaging wires. Plastic tie straps have so many uses it would be impossible to list them all from their intended use all the way to a DIYer, everyone can find applications for cable ties without too much effort.
There are several common types that cable ties can be broken down into:
- Standard Plastic Ties
- Nylon zip cord used to bundle wires together in an efficient manner.
- Releasable Cable Ties
- Cable ties that have a feature so they can easily be removed and reused.
- Identification Ties
- Zip bands with a tag on the tip to provide a place for labeling wires.
- Ladder Zip Ties
- Ties that have less hooks to latch onto the lack of plastic makes them more flexible.
- Security Cable Ties
- Tamper proof ties designed to show tamper evidence at a glance.
- Beaded Ties
- Plastic straps with beads along the length for adjusting length. They are also easily releasable and reusable
- Break Away Ties
- Zip ties that break when tightened to mitigate the need for a cutting tool.
- Steggel Ties
- Heavy duty ties used in many different applications
All Cable Ties from Albany County Fasteners are proudly Made in the USA