Silicon bronze fasteners are made of a copper base. A member of the brass family, silicon bronze fasteners are low-lead and comprised of 96% copper, with the remaining 4% made up of silicon, and various other alloys such as zinc, tin, iron and manganese. Silicon bronze is used in marine environments, corrosive environments, and high heat environments. Often used in plumbing and electrical applications, silicon bronze fasteners are also found on tattoo machines and in power plants. Prized for its rosy copper color, silicon bronze is sometimes used in finish applications and jewelry. Highly corrosion resistant, bronze fasteners are used for aesthetic and practical applications. Keep in mind that the color of these fasteners may vary depending on the level of silicon, zinc, and other elements in the fasteners.
Silcon Bronze Fasteners are made from alloy 651 Silicon Bronze
Check out more information on silicon bronze as well as the other materials we offer.
Join Our Newsletter
Receive the latest news on new promotions, exclusive offers, and new arrivals.