Sherex TEC Series Wedge Locking Washers
Premium Tension Lock Washers
Wedge lock washers feature a unique design, different from a standard lock washer, that uses a more scientific approach to reducing loosening in a fastener assembly. Sherex TEC Series washers secure joints using tension rather than friction, which provides better results.
Wedge locking washers consist of two washers with cams on one side and teeth on the other, joined together with a mild adhesive. When installed, the top teeth are seated to the bolt or nut, and the bottom face the installation surface. This causes any loosening movement in the fastener assembly to be transferred to the cam side of the washers. Because the cam angle (α) of the washers is greater than the thread pitch angle (β) of the bolt, a wedge effect is created by the cams, preventing the bolt or nut from rotating loose. Clamp load is maintained and the joint remains secure.
TEC Series wedge locking washers have been tested on a Junker Vibration Machine. The Junker test, according to DIN 65151, considered the most severe vibration test for bolted joints, is used to determine the point at which a bolted joint loses its preload when subjected to shear loading due to transverse vibration. When tested against other product options using the Junker test, TEC Series washers remained secure while all other products loosened significantly.
Key Features of Sherex TEC Series Lock Washers:
- Maintains clamp load in high vibration and load applications, thereby protecting the security of the joint
- Heavy duty, self-locking design
- For use with bolts up to Class 12.9, Grade 8
- SCM435 Alloy Steel Coated in Delta Protekt® KL100 and V H302 GZ - Protection to 600 hours of salt spray
- Unrivaled locking ability - MIL-STD-1312-7 Vibration proof
- Reusable as long as not too worn or deformed
- Come in pre-assembled glued pairs
- No special tools required
- Lubrication does not impair the locking function of the washer
- Can be used reliably for joints with short clamp length
- Secures joints with high and low preloads
Common TEC Series Wedge Lock Washer Applications
|Tapped Hole||Effectively secures bolt head to mating surface.|
|Counter Bore||TEC Series washers are designed to fit under the head of socket products in counter bore holes|
|Stud Bolt||Securely fastens nut in stud bolt applications eliminating the need for adhesives.|
|Slotted or Large Hole||STEC Series LD washers are suited for use under flange bolts and nuts and to optimize the clamp load across large or slotted holes and soft mating surfaces.|
|Through Hole||Through hole applications require TEC Series washers under the bolt head and nut to maintain join security.|