Stainless Steel Joist Hanger Nails
Ring Shank Framing Nails
Joist hanger nails are used to connect joist hangers to the joists or wood studs they will be supporting. Joist hanger nails are short and heavy gauge nails, providing increased holding power without fully penetrating the wood.
- High shear strength
- Resist forces that make materials faces slide against each other
- Storms, strong winds and hurricanes can cause this type of shear stress
- Nails are recommended over screws for this purpose
- Screws lack the necessary strength to resist shear stress
- 316 Stainless Steel
- Ideal for severe, harsh or saltwater/marine environments
- NOTE: 316 stainless joist hangers should only be used with 316 stainless steel joist hangers and framing connectors to maintain the manufacturer's warranty
They have a high shear strength to resist forces that make a material's internal faces slide parallel past each other. Storms, hurricanes, and high winds can cause shear stress in materials. For these reasons, nails are recommended over screws for installing connectors to the decking framework as screws lack the needed shear strength to resist shear stress.
Joist hanger nails are made of 316 Stainless Steel making them the ideal choice for corrosion resistance. 316 Stainless Steel is well suited for applications in severe, harsh or saltwater/marine environments. 316 Stainless steel joist hanger nails should only be used with 316 stainless steel joist hangers and framing connectors to maintain the manufacturer's warranty.
Products are listed as Steel Gauge x Shank Diameter x Length
|Joist Hanger Nail Size (Length)||Steel Gauge||Shank Diameter||Head Size||Penny Size||Appox. Count Per Pound|
|1-1/2"||9||0.148||5/16"||10d x 1-1/2"||125|